Pages

12.8.17 -- Saturday

The annual Perseid Meteor Watch, but I was late, arriving after 10:00pm, others were already there on garden loungers or chairs under blankets etc. The sky was clearish though the forecast had suggested it would be cloudy. In fact it stayed clear till we closed down at 1:00am, when the fat moon rose too high for comfort.
I'm not sure who saw how many of what type but I know I heard more than I saw, and I saw 18 including a couple of spasmodics, with a mix of bright slow ones and fast thin ones.
It wasn't too cold but cold enough to wish I'd prepared more carefully. Dave had opened the big dome and I looked in to see the new cushions for the wall seat that Max or Wendy had made, felt very comfortable too, much easier on the bum than the plain wood.
Those attending tonight were Dave and Lesley, Paul and Elaine, Sandra, Bev, Vic, John Foster, who brought a friend, Mick Horsfall, and new member Kim.
Brian