Pages

5.7.16 - Tuesday

A visit from 27 children from St. Francis Xavier Primary school, entertained by Phil, Rhys Sue and me, to a talk followed by a look at Jupiter, Mars and Saturn in clear skies. What a change that made.
When they'd gone to bed Phil and Sue left but Rhys and I started work with Rhys' cameras and laptop on M27 with the ODK12. A clear sky but not dark but continued nonetheless. My feet froze as I'd not brought the boots and ski trousers I usually wear to stay up all night, so I left at 2:00am with Rhys still working and getting to know the ODK. On my way home I caught sight of some noctilucent clouds east of north, the morning version, quite bright and detailed too but I knew my P&S camera was out of battery power so didn't stop to use it. A long time since I last saw them.
Brian